August 23, 2012

Sweet tooth.

Or is it sour? Nobody says "sour tooth". But sour desserts are amazing. Even though my brother disagrees.

I have made it a personal goal to try every lemon tart available (unless I am absolutely convinced that it is hopeless) until I find the best one, and LO AND BEHOLD, I HAVE FOUND IT.

Ive been craving this so badly I have decided to dedicate a post to it.

Say hello to the awesomest lemon tart ever.
(If you know of a better place, TELL ME PLEASE.)


Babkas lemon tart served with clotted cream
I have yet to try the food from this cafe, but really, the lemon tart alone is good enough to make me want to go back again and again. The texture of the filling is alot more soft and curd-y than most of the ones I've tried, which are usually abit stiff and slightly dry (if you get what I mean). On its own, the tart is already great, but it really does pack a lemony punch so it might be too sour for some. So even if youre on some kind of diet, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you have it with the cream! With the cream, its like an orchestra in perfect harmony in your mouth, the amazingly creamy texture of the lemon curd+cream enveloping your tongue, the cream cuts the acidity of the lemon, the lemon cuts the richness of the cream.... 
I could go on forever.

I'm not even kidding when I say I have to hold myself back from breaking out in a joyful song or getting up and doing a little dance when I eat this.


Babka Bakery Cafe
358 Brunswick St
Fitzroy, VIC 3065
03-94160091

No comments:

Post a Comment